Hello, I’m Maria and I specialise in helping people become the best versions of themselves they can be.
I have practiced since 2008 and have worked with both couples and individuals.
For the past 8 years, I have specialised more in working with people who recognise they are stuck in cycles of unhealthy behaviour.
For example, being in a family or relationship where you suppress your feelings and emotions in order to please. This type of behaviour doesn’t just affect your mental well being, but it can lead to physical stress on your body, such as high blood pressure, memory and self-esteem.
More often than not, we repeat cycles because we repeat the choices we’ve made in the past. We are prone to act on autopilot, which means we tend to react to situations instead of being able to thoughtfully respond to them.
Changing old habits is never easy. It often takes a crisis or breakdown before people summon the strength and courage to take decisive action. Counselling gives you the opportunity to break old patterns of relating to difficult situations which no longer serve you and build new ones that do. We all deserve to become the best version of ourselves we can be.
Goals of therapy
The goals of therapy are to enable people to:
- take stock of their situation, their values and beliefs;
- successfully negotiate and come to terms with past, present and future difficulties;
- become more truthful with themselves;
- widen their perspective on themselves and the world around them;
- find clarity on what their purpose in life is and how they can learn from the past to create something valuable and meaningful to live for;
- understand themselves and others better and find ways of effectively communicating and being with others;
Choosing the right Counsellor for you
From personal experience, I know that choosing a counsellor or psychotherapist who is the right ‘fit’ is crucial to the healing benefit of the work. That’s why I’m more than happy to have a free no obligation chat with you first over the telephone, so that I can answer any concerns or questions you may have. Do therefore leave a message (if I can’t pick up) or email me your contact details below and I promise to get back to you within 24 hours or sooner.
Tel: 07940565603 – Maria Mead