Are you longing to feel truly listened to and understood? Perhaps you are struggling to cope with a recent life event or your relationship is in crisis? Seeking professional help is the first step in realising that something better awaits you. Perhaps you don’t realise it yet , but counselling can be surprisingly liberating – even life changing.
I have practiced since 2008 and have worked with both couples and individuals.
For the past 8 years, I have specialised more in working with people who recognise they are stuck, lost or who want to find their voice.
Goals of therapy
As well as working on your own goals(s), the general goals of therapy enable you to:-
- take stock of your situation, values and beliefs;
- successfully negotiate and come to terms with past, present and future difficulties;
- become more truthful with yourself;
- widen your perspective on yourself and the world around you;
- find clarity on what your purpose in life is and how you can learn from the past to create something valuable and meaningful to live for;
- understand yourself and others better and find ways of effectively communicating and being with others.
Choosing the right Counsellor for you
From personal experience, I know that choosing a counsellor or psychotherapist who is the right ‘fit’ is crucial to the healing benefit of the work. That’s why I’m more than happy to have a free no obligation chat with you first over the telephone, so that I can answer any concerns or questions you may have. Do therefore leave a message (if I can’t pick up) or email me your contact details below and I promise to get back to you within 24 hours or sooner.
Tel: 07940565603 – Maria Mead